Just Me and Mase




Last weekend, Kendall went to California. It was just me and Mase, but we had a great time together. Usually, Kendall is the one who gets Mason up in the morning because I'm already at work, but I love being there to get him up. Every morning, he got up around 8:30 and he was full of smiles and excitement every time I entered his room. I would bring him in my room and we would play as he jumped around the bed and talk about who knows what! Lol then we would go in the family room and he would just play and watch his shows until he dropped. Lol For those who follow me on instagram, you know Mason's new favorite movie is The Secret Life of Pets. We probably seen that movie 5000 times by now. Lol But I actually got him to watch two new movies over the weekend. Lol It's very true when people say "You don't know what you have until it's gone." Now Kendall was only gone for a weekend but not having him here to help me with little things was rough. Lol Between Mason running around, pulling things and me trying to handle things around the house, I realized that this was going to be a busy weekend! We went grocery shopping, to a family cookout, to the park, stayed up all night and played with his toys everyday. Lol He really loves playing in his room. Which makes me feel like my boy is growing up so fast. Throughout the days, I could really tell how much we have bonded. I mean we bond all the time, but when it's just me around, you can really see it. Mason hugged me and kissed me so many times each day. I was so filled with joy and felt like I must be doing something right! Even though he can't fully talk, I know he loves me and I can feel it everytime he raps his arms around me. I felt like I powerful mother! I handle a lot each and everyday but doing it alone makes it even that much more. Lol I knew I had this in a bag💁🏾Lol but it was good to know that I could handle things and hold down the fort while the hubby was gone. Thennn I got that call saying he had to fly out the next day because his flight was overbooked. Lol #BLOWN At this point I was just ready to see him. Its weird seeing someone every single day and them not being there for a few days. lol I'm glad he got to go to California though. I know it's a trip he's been waiting for. And I'm glad I was able to be super mom for the weekend! Lol Every moment you get to bond with your child, take it! It lets them know you care, you love them and your there for them. It helps them feel safe and to trust you. Mason's life is in my hands and as his mother and I will do everything I can for him to know that he can trust me. Playing with your baby and talking to your baby helps their brain to develop. They start to understand and pick up on things. No matter how tired I am everyday from waking up at 4am, I make sure I play and talk to Mason until he goes to sleep. Nothing else matters when my son is there counting on me. To all those who desire to be mothers or already have children, be the best mother you can be, let them know you are there and know that there's nothing that can stop you from being a great mother except for yourself. I look at Mason everyday and could never understand why someone wouldn't want to be anyway. Being a mom is the best job anyone can have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live Your Dream...Do What You Love

Boy Mom

Stages Of Life