Fearless Mamas

My mother always taught me that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13). We would cite that scripture before going to school, playing sports, taking tests and anything else you can think of. Since I was a little girl, I knew that nothing could stop me from achieving my goals and dreams. My mother is a strong black woman and she only wanted the best for her kids like most mothers. Growing up, my mother pushed me everyday to make sure I was strong, successful, independent and the woman that God wants me to be. Every lecture she gave was so annoying at the time, lol but now I can see why she did it. When you want the best for your kids, your going to communicate with them, tell them what you went through and hope they don't do the same. My mother got up every single day with a smile on her face even when she was going through her personal pain. She put her own feelings and what she wanted to the side for my sister, brother and I. My mother kept it real with us. She told us how things were and how times will be hard, but as long as you keep God first and keep on pressing on, you will be alright. When I was little, she would always tell me to not only pray for right now but pray for my future. She told me to pray for my future husband, my future children, their health and their protection. Now I see the importance in that. I thank God that He gave her the wisdom to teach me and help guide me in the right direction. Little did I know, I prayed for Kendall and I prayed for Mason and I couldn't be more grateful. Watching my mother raise my brother, I would always think that she spoils him. Lol But I also saw her pain when he didn't do right, her passion behind what she said, how serious she was when she would try to keep him on the right track and most of all how much she prayed for him. Now that I have my son, I can only hope to be half the mother she is. To be selfless, pray for Mason, teach him what I know, be real with him but also care for him and love him and give him the world. My mother had a home daycare so not only watching over her own kids, she watched over a lot of other kids too. I watched how attached the kids became to her. They loved her and still talk to her today. My mother loved doing activities such as coloring, dying eggs, going to amusement parks, going to shows, going to the park, riding bikes and she is so excited to do it all with Mason. I know he's going to love it all and I can't wait to see their bond grow. She touched and taught so many children. She dropped us off at practice, went to bible study, other classes offered at church and was nothing but supportive to us each and everyday. People love her heart and her soul. She can have nothing but will be willing to give you everything. I always know my mother is going to come through when you need her with no question. My old neighbors calls her the mayor of the neighborhood. Lol Me and my siblings would tell her to chill out and that she needs to learn how to say no and not do everything someone asks her to do. But she has such a giving heart and that's something great that God blessed her with. Because of my mother, I have the tools i need to be a good wife, the tools to be a good mother, the tools to be successful, the tools to be the Christian woman I need to be and the tools I need to care for myself. My mother always told me to not forget to "pay myself", make sure my clothes fit properly, my hair is combed nicely and the little things like taking my chipped nail polish off lol and the tags off the bottom off my shoes. Lol As annoying or nagging I feel like she can be at times, she is right and the best mother a girl can ask for. God knew what he was doing when He put her in my life. She fearlessly moved to Baltimore with her husband, raised three children, had her own business and she is still pushing through any challenges that comes her way just as a fearless woman would. All Fearless Mamas come from somewhere. 😉



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live Your Dream...Do What You Love

Boy Mom

Stages Of Life