Girlfriends

"Good friends are like stars. You don't always see them, but you know they're always there."
Having girlfriends is so important!! We need girl nights out, we need shopping partners, we need hairstylist, we need a good laugh, we need a good tea session and we just need someone to relate to us on a different level. Without my girls, my tough times would have been harder, I wouldn't have realized when I was being stupid, my college experience wouldn't have been as fun as it was and my make up would never be done when I need it to be! Lol True girlfriends stick together, true girlfriends spit truth even when it hurts, true girlfriends hold you accountable, and true girlfriends are a good outlet from life. I was always the type to be cool with the guys, but it's never fun when you don't have true girlfriends. You may say you don't like females because they petty buuuuut at the end of the day, you need atleast one girlfriend to lean on. Now I have friends from growing up, middle school, high school, college and church. People I know I can count on even if I don't talk to them everyday.
My first girlfriend ever was my sister of course. Shardae is about four years older than me but we was tight as ever growing up. We played everything together, watched our favorite shows together and picked on our little brother together. From playing barbies, house, watching sister sister, full house, Moesha, we had so much fun. She was always a good example of how a big sister was supposed to be. She did good in school, sports and was very responsible. We are always on the same page when we being shady lol and can laugh about things even years later down the line. As we got older and things started to change, she took on a lot as the big sister, but she never fell. As much as she wanted to give up, she kept on pushing forward. My sister fearlessly made sure her family was taking care of and would let us know when we were being stupid. Lol As much as she gets on my nerve, I know she's there to listen when I need her to. She always keep it real and never beat around the bush about it. That's what I admire the most. Her communication skills are on point and I wish I was like that. July 29th, she will be getting married and I'm so excited for her to take on this new chapter in her life.
Everyone needs their "around the way girls" lol. These are your girls that you grew up with. Pretty much became friends by default but became like sisters by choice. May not talk to them as much, but you see them at every family function and they show up for everything. Danielle and Alex are my around the way girls. Now everyone knows Danielle and I fuss alllll the time. Lol But she is always there when I need her to be. Rather it's to braid my hair, tell me how to cook something or bake me cookies lol Since Mason has been born, she really has been there for him and I appreciate her for that. Now Alex, she is crazy Lol But all in a good way. She cracks me up. Her ambition and work ethic is soooo amazing. She truly is a fearless woman and strives for nothing but the best. She's always a good time and a good listener. All three of us known each other since we were babies and they are pretty much family now. Then there's my 6th grade ride or dies! lol Rachel and Dara! Everyone knows about Rachel at this point. lol she's my bestest friend. She's just never going anywhere. People use to ask me all the time if I still talked to her and I would just be like "duh!!" lol I don't think there was ever a time where we weren't talking. Rachel and I met at Sudbrook Magnet Middle School together. We both took dance and drama. She is the true definition of a ride or die, someone who spits the truth, someone who not only gives her opinion but reference God, someone I can depend on a good tea session right on time lol and a good example of a stylist! I met Dara kind of random. Lol so at the time we both had a mutual close friend and one day, I was at a track meet and saw her. Lol we pretty much recognized each other and hit it off sense then. Every time we ran the 400 meter dash, she was nervous which use to blow my mind. Lol she was like a silent threat. You never heard her coming but she was always there. Lol She is just a genuinely sweet person and is fun to be around! We may n ot talk everyday but when we do, it's like nothing ever changed. She introduced me to a whole different world. I met and hung out with private school kids lol who became my good friends and joined a different track team after running with the same team for 5 yrs. It helped me to put myself in a new environment and it was cool. All those sleepovers we had together were priceless and we have sooo many memories because of them. Sneaking out of the house just for one example. Lol I never would've made it without you!!!! Lol now it's time to talk about my college girls. The girls that made my college experience EVERYTHING and the girls I became so close with and the girls that are always in my corner. Dania! Well I technically met Dania in the 6th grade but we didn't become real friends until college. She would be mad reading this right now. Lol My roomie, the reason why I was able to balance my life through school and the reason why I got more involved. We both did not want to go to Morgan State University. Lol we were actually miserable at freshman orientation. Lol But we made the best out of it and you couldn't see one without the other. Idk how we made it work but she would do homework so late at night and I would be trying to sleep because I had to go to work so early in the morning, but we just adapted to each others schedule. I was always nervous about working while in school and was concerned about not having a "life" because I always had to wake up so early for work. But Dania helped me through that. She pulled me to events, parties and still made sure I pushed through the day for work and class. She always been so naturally smart and I always admired that. She is truly fearless. She's the one that just goes after what she wants even if it doesn't make sense to anyone else. Right now she's in Vegas living her dream and even though we all miss her, she's doing what she wants to do. Lakia is nuts but is the funniest person I know. Lol she makes me laugh every time I talk to her. Once I got to know Lakia, I realized how strong she is. She puts the world on her shoulders and some how finds a way to carry it all. This little Baltimore girl is smeone special and has one of the biggest hearts. We are totally opposites but she would never lead me in the wrong direction because she knows me. She respects my likes and dislikes. I would always remember our moments in Blount, us going out to parties, her stealing that boys charger lol, us eating pizza every night in Miami lmao, us standing outside of clubs trying to get in lol, she makes every situation HILARIOUS. I admire her confidence and her strength and she will be going back to school for her masters and I am so proud of her! Oh and her love for red velvet cakes is crazy lol there's never a celebration without it. She came to see me before I got married and bought cake and flowers. Always ready to go all out. My dearest friend Tierra! Now all she really cares about is Mason lol but that's all good because that's what true friends are there for. She always comes with cute gifts. She is the one who is always ready to get the group together for some girl time. Tierra was the first person I told that Kendall was going to be mine but she didn't believe me lol I love the way she cherishes friendship. She's one that I know won't ever judge me and I can always ask for some good advice. She's a teacher now and just got her first house. My girl is a homeowner! I'm so proud of her and can't wait for the housewarming. We had some good times in the SGA office, mtalking about people, mocking people lol, at events in the student center and she was always the loudest person cheering me on as I campaigned. Each campaign, she was there and ready to work. She was pretty much my campaign manager at times. Lol She keeps me in check when I'm being over dramatic and that's pretty often. lol She is always ready to celebrate you and any milestones in your life. It's good to have a selfless person in your corner and is truly down for you. I watched Tierra and lakia go from not talking to anyone to being the biggest social butterflies I know. Lol if it wasn't for our group chat, my phone would be DRY. Lol Aisha is my crazy, sexy, cool friend. lol I can always count on her to be 100% real with me. I watched her grow and mature so much and turn into the beautiful woman and mother I know today. She truly is my girl I can call to do my make up, I can for some advice without a bullshit answer, and my girl I can call if I want to have a shady conversation lol! It's always a good time with her. We really got to bond on our way to North Carolina to visit a mutual friend. It's so funny how God places people in your life and how you bond over something that you would never imagine. She was always there for me with no problems at all and I appreciate her for that. She too had to be fearless enough to raise her son. Nothing or no one stops her from doing what she has to do for him and when I watch her with him, she makes it look easy. Young and beautiful doing it all! Career, dating, raising her son and still has time for herself. Aisha definitely encourages me to grind harder everyday. Saudat and I had some funnnnnn times at Morgan! Lol between all the partying, drinking, and failing statistics class together lmao, we made it out and doing some big things. Being in class and SGA together really helped us bond. We always supported each other and just knew we both would be successful. She currently has a non profit where she assist unprivileged communities in a Nigeria. She came up with this organization on her own and made it happen for herself. She never allowed anyone or anything stop her from making it to the top. She has a sweet heart and always is a fun person to be around. I will always cherish our friendship and all the great memories we share.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live Your Dream...Do What You Love

Boy Mom

Stages Of Life