Godmothers Need To Be Fearless Too

Godmothers are like second mothers to your child. They are there to step in when you need help, watch your child or children, give presents lol, take them out and raise them if something were to happen to you and family. Being someone's godmother is a lot of responsibility and takes a lot of love. To be a godmother, you have to be just as fearless as a mother. You may not birth the child, but you want to care for the child as if it was your own. Godmothers are taking on a great challenge and as a mother, it is important to choose the right person. Mason's godmother is My best friend since 6th grade, Rachel. Rachel is the longest friend I have. She is always there when I need her no matter when and where. Rachel is the most loyal person I know and she don't play games when it comes down to me. I know that I can trust her 100% for my child and she's the best person for the job! She is a God fearing Christian and doesn't get involved in any drama. She is all about her business. Y'all, my best friend is a nurse! And when she isn't working in the hospital, she's working part time as a school nurse. She was the first person to know I was pregnant and the first person that Mason opened his eyes for after




he was born. Lol Rachel and I attended the same middle school and that was it, but the separation couldn't stop our friendship! She's someone that I can trust and not feel judged when talking to her. We have so many memories together between dance class, sleepovers, parties, amusement parks, concerts, quick rides to the mall, graduations, my engagement day, cussing people out for each other lol you name it and we been through it. Rachel helped watch Mason two days out of the week for a little while when I went back to work. Like I said, she's a nurse so she works crazy hours. But she was willing to still wake up and watch a baby all day for me. That's what a godmother does. She took me to my first doctors appointment after having Mason. This may not sound too important to you, but it is for me. When you go through things in life, that's when you really find out who your real friends are. Most people will disappear on you or disappoint you but I never had that problem with her. I hope that Mason will find friends that can last forever, that will have his back and be there to hit him upside the head when he's doing wrong. Lol I know that Mason and Rachel will have a great relationship as he continues to grow and he can always count on her when needed.


Rachel went to Carver for dance, Bowie for nursing, pledged delta, graduated and became a nurse and stays on the grind. She is focused and when she sets her mind to do something, She gets it done! She's a hustler. Her faith in God is amazing and she motivates me everyday even if she doesn't know it. Between her and Aisha (friend from college), she is the most stylish, boujee person I know!! Lol we would just run out to Chick Fil-A drive through and Rachel would come out the house with a full popping outfit, make up, hair popping. lol Sike no. But for real, I can go shopping in her closet every week. Lol that's another thing that's a plus! Having a best friend around the same size as you. Too bad I had a baby so now that part is kind of hard lol She is my best friend, she gives me advice, she does my hair when I need her to lol, and she just keeps it real. She deserves it all and I can't wait for the day she gets married and have a baby! You always need a friend there to talk to, to laugh with and to trust. Rachel, thank you for being who you are, thank you for being fearless enough to be Mason's godmother and thank you for never turning your back on me. Love ya girlfriend!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live Your Dream...Do What You Love

Boy Mom

Stages Of Life