A Mother's Concern

No mother wants to see their child hurt! Even if it seems so small, it hurts your heart to see them in pain. Last night, Mason cut his finger trying to grab a picture frame. The cut is a pretty deep cut and he would not stop bleeding!!! I was freaking out and wanted to cry. You may say I'm over dramatic, but his little finger was just bleeding away and nothing would make it come to an end. I knew he had hurt himself but didn't know what to do to help him. You always hear stories about first time parents taking their babies to the doctors for everything because they over analyze everything. This is very true! lol Kendall and I took Mason to patient first to get his finger looked at and all they did was clean it up and put a bandage on it. I figured it wasn't that deep, but at the time looking at that blood had me weak. Of course I had to drive since Kendall's leg is still healing and I was speeding down the street. When it comes to a mother's baby, you better not mess with her. I was beeping at cars and flying through lights. lol I was not playing around. The funny part is, he was soooo calm. He cried like crazy when it first happened, but after that, he was perfectly fine. A mother gets strength out of nowhere when it comes to her children. I always thought that was an amazing thing to see, but now I get to go through it. It's just crazy how God created us. Our bodies are able to carry another human being, give birth, wake up to grind and take care of our children. We are truly super women! As much as I wanted to cry, I had to relax because I couldn't let Mason see me upset. In situations like this, it is important to stay calm so you are able to think things through. Another thing women just do, suck things up and put a smile on it. I'm not saying it's good to hold in emotions, but it is good to not have your children involved in everything. There's some things they don't need to see or hear. And if your upset, it gets them upset which is not good. My mother kept things real with us, but we didn't always know when she was upset. Women are emotional creatures, but it's good to know when to turn it off. It's so important to keep things out of reach for your children. They are grabbing everything and you might be too late to catch them before hand. I learned my lesson.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live Your Dream...Do What You Love

Boy Mom

Stages Of Life