Motherhood

I love being a mother. For nine months I bonded with my son and finally got to see him and feel him. Every time I held him, I knew he knew who I was. The way his eyes lights up when he looks at me is so exciting. Like he realllly knows who I am! He was inside of me, sharing my body and now I can watch him grow everyday. The sleepless nights is all worth it. When people say you won't get any sleep, they are not lying! Mason Ray Blackston is now 6 months and he is so active! I can't believe he is already crawling and pulling himself up. It feels like I just bought him home from the hospital yesterday. It is so crazy to see how much they change by day. He went from this little skinny, long, white baby to a chubby, long, chocolate baby. lol I remember when all he did was sleep during the day and keep Kendall and I up all night. Lol I could stare at him all day. The moment he started to smile and try to talk, my heart just melted! It was the cutest thing. They slowly realize they can do a little more than just sleep all day. Lol I was so nervous to hold him when he was first born. I never actually held an infant before. You have to be really careful and make sure you support their head and neck. Actually a lot of people was nervous to hold him. lol Kendall was great! He watched Mason like a halk and could carry him around with no problem.

Every time I take Mason to the doctors, I feel like a proud mama. They always say how advanced he is and they can't believe he's sitting up by himself already. He is in the 97th percentile for height and 71 percentile for weight. My baby is growing so beautifully. To know you are in charge of someone's life pushes you even harder. I will do anything and everything for that little boy. Even though he said dada first! Lol it was at our last doctor visit when he was playing, laughing and talking. lol I love his energy and imagination. He loves to fly in the air, go for walks, bang his toys and now crawl away from me to get to things he shouldn't be playing with. lol I now have to move everything out his way or he will get to it and put it in his mouth. Smh I literally run back and forth everyday. Lol

Kendall recently broke his ankle. (March 20th = first day of spring, two yrs and 11 mos. of us being together and now the day Kendall broke his ankle lol) with that being said, it's just me and Mase! Every morning, I turn on his favorite cartoons and a bunch of toys while I get Kendall's breakfast ready. Every time I look up to check on him, he's crawling towards shoes, chairs, markers, dvds, anything!! lol I gotta run to him and he just laughs every time! Lol his little bad self thinks it's funny. But of course when he laughs, I can't help but to laugh too. That's what I mean when I say being tired is worth it. No matter how tired I am running after him and repeating myself, his innocence makes me forget it all. Even with him only being 6 months, I can see the bond and connection we have changing. I can play with him and he will cracccck up. We can lay down next to each other and he takes my hand to rub his stomach or cheek while I sing to him. Lol he is so funny and cute.

Mom tips:
1. Be patient. When you need a break, place your baby in a secure place and take a breather
2. Always find time for yourself. Mothers tend to put their all into their children and let themselves go. Why can't you do both? We deserve peace and happiness doing what we love to do too.
3. Sleep when the baby sleep or it won't ever happen lol
4. Grind. If nothing else motivates you, let your baby motivate you. They rely on you and every decision you make now effects him/her too.
5. Enjoy it. Don't miss out on the growth of your baby. Its okay if you can't go out one night because you can't find a babysitter. Stay home and enjoy your baby's company. They are actually pretty entertaining lol






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live Your Dream...Do What You Love

Boy Mom

Stages Of Life