Put A Ring On It!

2016 was a year of unexpected, happiness and greatness. I became a wife and a mother! A lot of people will say it's hard and it is! Lol But it's a great accomplishment, fun and exciting. I first met Kendall my junior year of college. I always thought he looked good from a far, but he looked even better up close. We were at an alpha event (fraternity he's apart of) and I told my friend Tierra that I was going to end up with him (jokingly but seriously lol) and she didn't believe me! But of course, ya girl got them digits that same night. Lol Well he got mine. Lol Anyway, since that day I knew he was the best man I have ever met and who I wanted to be with. "Talking" for two months, he finally asked me to be his girlfriend. (4/20) We saw each other everyday and talked every moment. And then he was hooked! Lol :) I always knew I deserved better, but it wasn't until Kendall came when I really saw better. He always made sure I felt loved, comfortable, wanted and beautiful. June 12th was the day he asked me to marry him. How did he do it you ask?? He did it in the church! lol in front of everyone. I was not expecting it at all. The night before I went to the Beyoncé concert with my best friend since 6th grade (HEY RACHEL!) and the next day my mother and sister was pressing me to get my nails done. lol I was not trying to go but thank goodness I did. Sunday morning, I was at church on time and sat in the front. Kendall stood up to give a testimony and started talking about me. Now I just thought he was giving me my props and telling everyone how great I am. Lol but then he got on one knee and asked me, Shannon Marie Thomas (23yrs old) to marry him. Of course I said yes!

September 3, 2016 was the day we said "I do." I was so nervous. I was 23 years old about to be a wife, mother and move out of my parents home all at once. Kendall was 27 so he was use to the "adulting life". Lol As mature as I am, it was all so new to me. I knew God had led me here for a reason and that I was going to be the best wife I could possibly be. Looking at Kendall's expression as I walk down the aisle made it even better. We had a small ceremony with family and best friends and it was perfect for us. Finding out that we was going to have a baby encouraged us to get right with the Lord and do things the "right way". We wanted to bring Mason into this world with a loving family who lives under the same roof. Kendall and I always planned to get married soon but we decided this was more than the right time to do it. Of course as a girl, I always dreamed of the big, beautiful wedding/wedding dress but I am happy right where I am. It's what happens in the home that keeps a happy marriage, not the wedding. Remember that. Now I willlll have the wedding of my dreams when it's the right time. Have my sis and my girls standing up there with me! Lol But the small ceremony with family and best friends was all I needed as long as Kendall was right there with me.

Kendall is the priest and leader of our home. I follow him as he follows the Lord. He has been truly amazing as a husband and father and I would never trade him for anything.

What to ponder on?.....
 1.NEVER SETTLE FOR LESS. You deserve so much more and you can have more. Be patient and it will come. Never chase after a man. Let them do the chasing. God has a plan for you. Don't rush to get what you THINK is right for you when He already has it set up.
2. Proverbs 31. Ladies, if you want to be a wife, proverbs 31 is the scripture you want to read. Be the virtuous woman God has called you to be
3. Love and support your husband. Always communicate how you feel and why you feel that way gently. Now of course men never understand the first go around lol but that's okay. Pray. It's His battle, not yours. Pray that what is right will be and that He showers your husband with the wisdom and guidance to lead.
4. ALWAYS RESPECT YOUR MARRIAGE AND MAKE IT A REQUIREMENT THAT EVERYONE ELSE RESPECTS IT TOO. It starts with you and him. No one should ever come between y'all and the union that is built. Keep God first always. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live Your Dream...Do What You Love

Boy Mom

Stages Of Life