Mason's Journey

February 1st was the day I found out I had to be more fearless than ever before. It was 19 days before my birthday when I found out that I was going to be a mommy! Now of course when I first found out I was a nervous reck! I just graduated college, Kendall and I weren't married, I had to tell my family, tell my pastor and I was only 23 years old. Allllll these thoughts were running through my head. Being raised in a Christian family, pregnant before marriage was not the ideal thing because sex before marriage is not the ideal thing. Lol But I can thank God for the man He placed in my life, the degree I earned and the good government job I already had. I started to realize that life is a blessing from God. There's no other way life can be created. It was Him who blessed me with a bundle of joy. It came to a point in time that I had to realize this baby was coming and it was time to be fearless and not worry about what people would say. Once again I thank God for the man He placed in my life because I wouldn't have made it without his support. Let me tell y'all that I loveeee being a mother!! It's an AMAZING feeling to bring another life into this world.

My First Trimester!
Okay ladies! Before I go into detail about my pregnancy, understand that everyone experience is different. I was sick during my first trimester. I had to run to the bathroom a few times while at work and keep a bag in the car with me at all times to throw up. Smh lol it was so embarrassing and sickening. The tiredness was on another level. Like I felt drugged! Lol not even joking. Every morning, I woke up at 5am to be at work at 6am. So clearly I was already tired but being pregnant will completely drain you. Lol of course all my comments and complaints about discompfort had my coworkers cracking up. But it was not a game. Lol oh and you are only allowed ONE cup of caffeine a day. Okay let's pause here for a second.........Shannon Marie Blackston loves caffeinated drinks! Coffee and definitely soda. It was a true struggle lol Anyway, after I had my first ultrasound, I was in tears. It was such a special moment and that's when I realized that this was real.

My Second Trimester!!
I gained some energy back. The second trimester was the easiest. I realized that I better start trying to exercise before I become big as a house. Lol welll the heat made that pretty difficult lol. I would walk around the neighborhood but it was tough. Having an extra little person inside of me made my body feel so heavy.

My Third Trimester!!!
This was when things got realllll uncomfortable. I started to get sick again and I could not sleep at all. I could not get comfortable in the bed to save my life. Not being able to roll onto my stomach was a struggle. Every two seconds I had to release my blatter lol I might as well slept in the bathroom lol






September 19th (the due date) came and Mason was not here yet. But I sure did start having contractions. They are like having period cramps on 1000. I had my mother take me to the hospital for them to send me home. Later my contractions went from every 10 minutes to every minute! Kendall didn't know what to do. lol I was throwing up, screaming, and walking around rubbing my stomach. Lol I knew it was time for him to come. Early in the morning on September 20th, we went to the hospital. It was time! I dilated to 7 cm quick and then stopped! And this is when I had to be fearless again! Mason's heart kept dropping and I was told I had to get a c-section. The biggest thing I was afraid of. The thought of being cut open was scary. I immediately cried. Kendall prayed with me and they rolled me back. Having like 20 people working on me at once freaked me out. Someone drugging me up, someone strapping my arms down, someone trying to calm me down and the doctors starting to cut me open. Finally I heard my baby crying. He was sooo handsome and skinny. Lol 6lbs and 12oz. Kendall put Mason's face against mine and it felt so soft and warm. When I first held my son, I felt like the most powerful person in the world. I just bought someone into this world. If I didn't get my c-section, he wouldn't have made it. And I thank God he was okay and healthy! I couldn't stop looking at him. The feeling is just indescribable. Women are capable of some powerful, beautiful and amazing things. We could always do what men can do but men can never give birth and that's a special gift. 😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live Your Dream...Do What You Love

Boy Mom

Stages Of Life