Fearless Flashback

So one day I went to church and the First Lady's mother came to me saying she heard that I was a great dancer. She then proceeded to ask me if I could dance on Easter Sunday. Knowing that I haven't danced in a while and how nervous I would be, I still accepted it. The song I had to dance to was called "Don't Cry" by Kirk Franklin. I love that song. Every time I hear it, I cry anyway. lol it's a powerful song. For those of you who do not know, it's a song letting you know that Jesus is alive. He died for me and you but He rose from the dead on the third day so there's no need to cry. Clearly the perfect song for Easter Sunday. From that day on, I started to listen to the song and make up my dance. Another challenge for me. I made up dances before, but once again, it's been so long ago. Once Kendall broke his leg, I didn't have the time to really continue practicing and creating the best dance that I could. Y'all, I literally finished making up this dance Thursday before Easter service. It turned out to be great! Everyone loved it and I felt great. I felt good knowing that I pleased my Lord which was my goal because when I serve, I serve for Him. I felt good because I got back into something that I love to do. Dance comes second to track for me. It's another stress reliever and it's so beautiful to watch. You can touch so many people through dance. You are telling a story and showing your emotions through your movements.  Especially lyrical dance. I knew it was something that God wanted me to do. I had to be fearless and do what I had to do. On another note, it was my baby boy's first Easter! He looked so cute in his little outfit. It was a great day. Church and then dinner with family and friends. Anyway, when God calls you to do something, you can feel it inside of you and something comes out that you never knew you had. You have to be fearless to do the things He wants you to do. Believe and understand that He gave you all the tools that you need to accomplish it and know that you are good enough! No matter what you think, what doubts you may have, how long it's been or what people say. You can do anything and everything and once you do it, you feel on top of the world. Setting fearless examples for my son.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live Your Dream...Do What You Love

Boy Mom

Stages Of Life